Terms and Conditions:
Your use and browsing of the Service is at your risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the materials contained in the Service, with the quality of service, or with these Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Service. In order to utilize certain functionality of the Service, you must complete a registration process.
- The Photo Contest is open for any person of any nationality who has clicked the photograph in India.
- The image must be your original work.
- All images should show Bird — in its habitat in the wild or in a captive establishment or wild landscapes and plants.
- Photos of nesting, feeding and juveniles will not be accepted.
- Image should be submitted as jpg/jpeg.
- Water marked photos will also be accepted for contest.
- Each jpg /jpeg image should be less than 2MB.
ENTRY PERIOD —
Monthly Photo contest — Photo entries for upcoming month’s photo contest will be accepted till the last date of present month.
WHAT TO ENTER —
- Entries should include metadata if at all possible. Caption information should include:
- Name of location (ex: National Park)
- Detailed caption of subject matter
HOW TO ENTER —
All images must be submitted though BirderPics.com website’s Photo Contest section.
- Accepting to the request & suggestions of participants till date, hence forth the winning photographs will be selected by panel of judges. There will be two winning photographs 1st and 2nd.
- Apart from these two winning photographs one viewers choice photograph will be declared on the basis of votes by viewers.
- First winning photograph will get prize of INR.1000/- and a certificate.
- Second winning photograph will get prize of INR.500/- and a certificate.
- Viewers choice photograph will get certificate of appreciation for which voting lines will remain open through out the month.
Our judges panel:
Mr. Nikhil Bhopale :
Mr. Nikhil Bhopale has worked with BNHS as an Ornithologist and Herpetologist on various projects. He is also a co-author of the book ‘Birds of Indian Subcontinent – Field Guide’ with Mr. Ranjit Mannkadan and J.C. Daniel. Presently he is working as managing trustee of ‘Green Works Trust’.
Mr. Nagesh Rao :
Mr. Nagesh Rao is working in the field of photography since last 15 years but is doing wildlife photography since last 3 years. He conducts programs regarding awareness about wildlife through photography and is also active in rescuing animals on his personal level.
Dr. Prasanna Khatawkar: Editor birderpics.com
Photo entries for Photo Contest from September 2016 and beyond, each entry will be charged registration fee INR 100/—.
How can I pay the participation fees?
Here are the steps to make the payment
- Please make the payment to the following account:
A/C Name HealthCare Infotech A/C Number 50200015994727 IFSC Code HDFC0002819 Bank HDFC Branch Hotgi Road, Solapur
- After making the payment, inform us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with details of transaction id.
- Please call us on 9373936800, between 10.00 am- 6.00 pm, if you face any issues when making the payment.
- We will accept your entry and keep it in the pending mode till we receive confirmation of payment or your transaction id. Your entry will be made live only after we receive the payment.
- Payment is non-refundable except in case of cancellation of the contest. In case of cancellation of contest the participant has an option to demand refund or allow birderpics.com to carry forward the same entry with the same registration fee to the upcoming contest. If no communication is made by the participant, birderpics.com will by default carry forward the registration fee for the next contest.
Kindly Note —
- Birderpics.com reserves all rights to modify, amend or cancel any entry , participant or the contest rules at any point of time
- Liability of birderpics.com and its team is limited to INR 200 /- only
- Decision of editor of birderpics.com will be final in all aspects of the contest and can’t be challenged.
- All entries will be archived in an album on facebook. One album for each month of contest. Photos will be removed from birderpics.com database after the album is created. Only link to this album will be embedded on birderpics.com website. Biredrpics.com is not responsible for safety of your image in any form.
- Birderpics.com will NEVER reproduce any image without due acknowledgement to the concerned authority i.e. owner/photographer/author
- All images participating in the contest will do so with implied irrevocable consent for including the image/photograph for promoting events organized, books published and displaying it as featured image on website by birderpics.com for now and in future, ALWAYS with due acknowledgement to the photographer/author of the image/photograph.