Submit your birding photo for the September 2017 contest.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the photo contest work?
Photo contest is conducted in two stages.
Stage 1: All entries received will be displayed for voting for first 15 days. Amongst all entries, 10 photo entries which get maximum votes will qualify for stage 2. Other photo entries will be eliminated from 15th day of the photo contest month. They will not be displayed after 15th day.
Stage 2: Only 10 photos with maximum votes, from stage 1 will be included in this stage. Voting will recommence from zero for all 10 photos. The photo which gets maximum votes in the second round will be declared as winner.
What are the prizes?
Two photos will be declared as the winners, which will get prizes worth INR 1000 and 500 for 1st and 2nd prize with certificates respectively.
What is critic’s award?
- Many participants in birderpics.com’s monthly photo contest expressed the need of this category.
- Some participants who may not have significant following on social media, but who create some wonderful art-work in the field of bird photography need to be appreciated appropriately.
- From March 2017 onwards we shall have this special category, where the best photographs of the participants shall be decided by a team including the editor of birderpics.com, an ornithologist, a wildlife photographer and 2 volunteers from the facebook group ‘birderpics.com’
- One best photographs selected will receive certificate of appreciation from the entire team.
- The decision of selection team will be final and will not be open for debate.
How will I get my prize?
Winner will be declared in the fist week of the next month’s photo contest.
Are there any participation fees?
Yes, each photo entry will have registration fee of INR 100/-
How can I pay the participation fees?
Here are the steps to make the payment.
- You can make payment of your registration fee by paytm or m-pesa on 9373936800
- OR You can make the payment to the following account:
A/C Name HealthCare Infotech A/C Number 50200015994727 IFSC Code HDFC0002819 Bank HDFC Branch Hotgi Road, Solapur
- After making the payment, inform us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with details of transaction id.
- Please call us on 9373936800, between 10.00 am- 6.00 pm, if you face any issues when making the payment.
- We will accept your entry and keep it in the pending mode till we receive confirmation of payment or your transaction id. Your entry will be made live only after we receive the payment.
Read the terms & conditions of the photo contest for more details.